Connect with us

Crime

Amotekun nabs 32 suspects for kidnapping, theft In Ondo

Published

on

The Ondo State Security Network Agency, codenamed Amotekun, has arrested no fewer than 32 suspected criminals across the state.

The suspects were allegedly involved in crimes including kidnapping, violation of the anti-grazing law, conspiracy, attempted murder and theft.

Speaking on Sunday at the command’s headquarters in Akure, the State Commander of Amotekun Corps, Adetunji Adeleye, said the arrests followed intensified surveillance and intelligence-driven operations carried out in collaboration with other security agencies.

According to Adeleye, 12 of the suspects were arrested for breaching public law and order, three for offences linked to anti-grazing and farmer-herder clashes, while 17 others were connected to kidnap-related crimes.

“Among the suspects is a group of three men who allegedly attempted to kill their Fulani employer after roasting 10 of his cows in Idoani. The suspects are Ibrahim, 40; Yunusa, 30; and Abdukadri, 25,” he said.

He added that in Oba Akoko, where several kidnapping cases had been recorded around Akungba Akoko, Amotekun operatives acted on intelligence, laid an ambush and arrested two suspects, Pius and John, aged 23 and 35 respectively, at the point where they believed a ransom exchange was to take place.

“Other collaborators are still at large, but efforts are ongoing to apprehend them. We also arrested Elura, Alilu, Adamu and Kamal, aged between 24 and 29, around Ile-Oluji and Ondo town in connection with criminal activities,” Adeleye said.

The commander further disclosed that in Akin Camp, Odigbo Local Government Area, operatives arrested Mohamed Abubakar, Abdulahi, Yakubu, aged between 22 and 35, and Abba Aliu, 29.

See also  PHOTOS: Angry Protesters Block Lafia-Makurdi Highway After Gunmen K!lled Two Youths And Kidnapped Residents In Nasarawa

“One of the suspects had previously been arrested for kidnap-related offences but escaped from lawful custody. He was later re-arrested at Akin Camp, where the kidnapping incident occurred. The victims were successfully rescued and the suspects taken into custody,” he said.

In Agbogbo area of Akure, Adeleye said three persons were arrested while in possession of items they could not reasonably explain how they acquired.

“Additionally, four other suspects were arrested at the same Akure garage for conspiracy, assault and breach of public peace,” he added.

He also disclosed that Abdulahi, Kada and Useni were arrested for conspiracy, stealing and anti-grazing-related offences in Elegbeka Forest Reserve and Ifon.

“Also arrested was one Friday, aged 43, for breaking and stealing, while Yayah Abba was apprehended for stealing in collaboration with Masadi and Abubakar, involving motorcycles and water pumps,” Adeleye said.

The Amotekun commander declared that Ondo State remained peaceful, noting that criminal activities were on the decline.

He recalled that the arrests came days after the corps intercepted a Mercedes-Benz truck conveying 38 men suspected to have arrived from the northern part of the country.

According to him, the suspects, who were intercepted at the Cathedral area of Akure, could not give a definite destination within the state during interrogation.

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

Police arrest 10 suspected human parts sellers in Oyo

Published

on

The Oyo State Police Command has arrested 10 suspected human parts sellers.

The suspects were arrested in the Iseyin and Saki areas of the state.

Public Relations Officer of the command, Olayinka Ayanlade, disclosed this in a statement on Saturday.

Exhibits recovered from the suspects include one suspected human heart, human flesh, pieces of human skull and assorted charms.

The statement said the exhibits have been secured for forensic examination and further investigation.

The suspects were identified as Adam Ibrahim, Nasiru Kabiru, Tijani Wasiu, Abiola Nasiru, Amusa Gbadamosi, Raheem Taofeek, Jimoh Muritala, Suleiman Busari, Ganiyu Nurudeen and Usman Abdullahi.

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

INSTAGRAM

See also  Two arrested over Benue deadly attack
Continue Reading

Crime

PHOTOS: Kebbi man arrested over alleged ritual desecration of Qur’an after burying it in pit with s€men to make woman more submissive to her husband

Published

on

The Kebbi State Police Command has arrested a 29-year-old man, Abubakar Musa, over alleged ritual desecration of the Holy Qur’an in Zuru Local Government Area of the state.

The spokesperson for the command, SP Bashir Usman, who disclosed this in a statement on 14th August 2026, said the suspect was arrested in connection with alleged criminal conspiracy, abuse of religious books, use of spells and hypnosis, and inciting disturbance.

According to the PPRO, on August 9, 2026, Musa and two other suspects, Rabi’u Tela and Hamza Zango, allegedly dug a pit and buried a copy of the Holy Qur’an, together with semen, white and red kolanuts, underwear, d3ad animals, and other fetish items.

The police spokesperson said the act was allegedly intended to make Rabi’u Tela’s wife Zarau Hassan more submissive to him.

“The Kebbi State Police Command has arrested Abubakar Musa, male, 29, of Rafin Mose Village, Zuru LGA, in connection with a case of criminal conspiracy, abuse of religious books, use of spells and hypnosis, and inciting disturbance,” the statement read.

“The incident occurred on 9th August 2026, at about 1900hrs, at Zango Area, Zuru. Preliminary investigation revealed that the suspect allegedly conspired with two others; Rabi’u Tela, husband of Zarau Hassan, and Hamza Zango, both now at large, to dig a pit inside Zarau Hassan’s room and bury therein a copy of the Holy Qur’an, together with semen, white and red kolanuts, underwear, dead animals, and other fetish items.

“The act was allegedly intended to make Zarau Hassan more submissive to her husband, Rabi’u Tela, and was carried out in circumstances capable of provoking a breach of the peace among the Muslim faithful in the community.

See also  Two arrested over Benue deadly attack

“Efforts are ongoing to apprehend the two fleeing suspects, while Abubakar Musa remains in police custody and will be charged to court upon conclusion of investigation.

“The Commissioner of Police, CP Umar M. Hadejia, psc, MNIM, strongly condemns the alleged act and warns that the Command will deal decisively, within the law, with individuals whose actions threaten religious harmony, public order, and peaceful coexistence.

“Members of the public are urged to promptly report suspicious activities to the Police through 09039911876 or 07081074395. All information will be treated with utmost confidentiality.”

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

Crime

PHOTOS: Gunmen abduct 14 passengers in Benue

Published

on

Gunmen have abducted 14 passengers travelling along the Otukpo–Adoka road in Benue State.

The incident occurred on Thursday night, August 13, 2026 when an 18-seater commercial bus travelling from Enugu State to Abuja was reportedly ambushed along the Ankpechi–Omutele axis of Ohimini Local Government Area.

A resident, Ochai, who spoke with punch on Friday, said the gunmen forced all the passengers into the surrounding forest.

“Some gunmen ambushed an 18-seater bus heading to Abuja between Omutele and Ankpechi along Otukpo -Adola road yesterday (Thursday) night. All the passengers in the vehicle were whisked away by the gunmen,” he said.

The spokesperson for the Benue State Police Command, DSP Peter Aondongu, who confirmed the incident in a statement said five of the victims have so far been rescued.

According to the PPRO, the police launched a coordinated rescue operation early Friday.

Aondongu said the operation involved an exchange of gunfire between the security operatives and the kidnappers.

“The Benue State Police Command has confirmed a kidnapping incident involving a commercial passenger bus travelling from Enugu State to Abuja along the Ankpechi–Omutele axis of Ohimini Local Government Area on the night of 13 August 2026,” the statement read

“Following the incident, operatives of the command commenced a coordinated rescue operation early this (Friday) morning. The operation, which involved an exchange of gunfire, has so far resulted in the successful rescue of five victims, including a four-year-old boy, while nine others remain in the custody of the suspected kidnappers.”

The police spokesperson disclosed that one of the rescued victims sustained a gunshot injury during the operation and was taken to a medical facility in Otukpo for treatment.

See also  UK Police to arraign suspected k!ller of British-Nigerian teenager

He said the police, working with other security agencies, had intensified efforts to secure the release of the remaining nine victims.

According to Aondongu, the operation was being conducted cautiously, with the safety of the abducted passengers prioritised.

The Commissioner of Police in the state, Cletus Nwadiogbu, also assured the victims’ families and members of the public that efforts would continue until the remaining passengers were rescued.

He urged residents of the affected communities to remain vigilant and provide security agencies with credible information that could aid the rescue operation.

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

Trending