Ibrahim Olawale, elder brother of a missing lady, Noimot, shares with GRACE EDEMA how the family tracked her location and uncovered the phone number of a fleeing suspected ritual killer from the hotel manager’s call logs, where she was last seen
How are you related to the missing person?
I’m a brother to Olawale Noimot. She is my parents’ third born. She is 30 years old. I work as a technician at the Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company.
Is she married?
So This Happened Ep 329 Reviews K1 De Ultimate’s Airport Drama And The NCAA’s Response
She is a single mother of one.
What happened on the day she went missing?
On Saturday, 19th of July, around past 2 pm, I received a call from one of her neighbours. They had been trying to reach her on the phone, but someone else picked up and said she had an accident and was taken to a hospital in Ikeja, LASUTH.
On their way to the place, they kept calling her number. It rang, but at the gate of the hospital, it went off. They still went in and spoke with hospital staff. They checked all the emergency centres, wards, and even the mortuary, but she wasn’t there.
What did you do next?
We were told to go back to the general hospital to check again. On the way back, my sister and I decided to go and meet some of her neighbours and friends at their place in Maya, Ikorodu, where she had been staying.
They narrated the story to us. They said on Friday, the 18th of July, she left home with her friend for work. When they got to work, around 8:30 am, my sister said she was stepping out and would be back shortly. She told her friend she was going to Ejigbo to see someone and would return.
Did she return?
No. After a while, her friend called to ask where she was, and my sister repeated that she would soon return, but she never did. Her friend ended up sleeping in the hotel where they worked.
What happened the next morning?
Her friend left the hotel around 7:30 am. Later in the day, around 12 or 1 pm, one of my sister’s neighbours came to their compound and asked about her. She found my sister’s son alone at home.
How old is the son?
He’s nine years old.
So, the boy slept alone without his mother?
Yes, alone. That was the neighbour who called my sister’s number, and someone picked up, saying she had an accident and had been taken to the hospital. That was how they alerted others, and a few neighbours went to check.
Did her friend at work explain further what happened?
Yes, she confirmed again that after arriving at work, my sister said she was stepping out briefly. I asked her where they worked and which department. She said my sister worked in the bar section of a hotel.
Yes, I asked for the number of their manager, Mr Wale Onibudo. She gave me the number. She also said the hotel had no name and was located at Ladega.
What happened when you visited the hotel?
My sister, her friend, her neighbour, and I went together. On the way there, her friend pulled me aside to say, ‘They were doing hookup in the hotel.’
When we got to the hotel, I asked to see the manager. The manager’s name is Mr Rafiu. I also met the owner, Mr Wale Onibudo. I asked the manager what he knew. He said on Friday, both my sister and her friend left the hotel that night and never returned.
But her friend earlier said she slept at the hotel. Don’t you think there is a contradiction there?
Yes, that was the contradiction. Her friend claimed she slept over at the hotel that night, but the manager said both of them left around 9 pm and didn’t return. The owner of the hotel also said he saw both of them before he left around 8 pm. So, I wasn’t satisfied because their explanations were conflicting and complicated.
What was your next action?
We left the hotel and went to where my sister had been living. I collected her house key from a neighbour, and we went inside with her son. The next day, Sunday, the 20th of July, we went to the Sagamu Police Division to file a complaint and gave my statement.
What happened thereafter?
Somebody assisted us to track the number of the person we were searching for, because the MTN line was going on and off. The Airtel line had been switched off completely. But the MTN line was still fluctuating—sometimes it was on, sometimes off.
Who helped you with the tracking?
Someone assisted us with that. The person eventually gave us information that the phone operator was going to call. That was the last trace—just before the phone was switched off.
Is the place close to where she lived, around the hotel?
Yes, it’s about 500 meters away—from the hotel to another hotel nearby.
You mentioned there was another issue?
Yes, there was something else we didn’t like. There was an alleged ritualist known to frequent the area; there was a viral video we saw about an Alfa who butchered someone in his house. It raised concerns that he could be involved, though we’re not yet certain.
What did you do about that?
So, my sister and I went to that area to investigate. We made some inquiries and spoke with some members of the community to gather more information. They confirmed that it was true an Alfa lives in that house but is now at large, and the matter has now been transferred to the police station.
Unfortunately, the number we received—the one belonging to Alfa—showed up on the manager’s phone.
How did that happen?
The case was already transferred to Panti. They had Alfa’s phone and the address. They claimed Alfa had forgotten his phone, and he’d been asking them to bring it to him. Well, Alfa isn’t at Panti. He’s at large.
But the two people arrested—one was his neighbour, the other was his in-law. The neighbour said he heard someone screaming around 2 am, shouting, ‘Don’t kill me, let me be!’ until the voice faded—possibly when the person died.
Why didn’t the neighbour intervene?
He said he and Alfa had issues and weren’t on good terms. Alfa usually had multiple women around—about four or five. So, the neighbour assumed he was just fighting with one of them and didn’t check. He also said that the last time he went outside during a fight some time ago, they had threatened to beat him up. He said he didn’t have airtime on his phone to call anyone that night.
The second person arrested lived with Alfa. But on the night in question, he left to go change his clothes, which raised questions; if you live with someone, why would you need to leave to get new clothes? Eventually, he changed his statement. He claimed Alfa gave him something on Friday evening and told him to return the next day with feedback. He gave multiple, inconsistent stories.
So, how did you get Alfa’s number?
When we tracked the last known location of the missing person, my sister, where the phone was switched off—it matched the area mentioned on social media in connection to the news that one ‘Alfa butchered someone.’
We’re still trying to confirm whether the victim is our missing person.
We went to that area on Saturday for our own investigation, just to see if we could gather any physical evidence or information to report to the police.
At the first station, they told us the case had been transferred to the State CID. We were introduced to an officer who took us there. We met the DCO at the CID. He told us to go to Section D4. That’s where we filed a report.
Did you find any relevant evidence there?
Yes, at the crime scene, they had discovered remains: just flesh, no head, no arms, and no legs. The body was dismembered and unidentifiable. We were advised to work with the CID and D4 so that their investigations could align. Maybe if we interrogate their suspects further, we could determine if the dismembered body was our missing person.
We were given a phone number of Alfa, that later appeared in the call logs of the hotel manager, Mr Rafiu. After the suspects were released from the Division, we found out that they still communicated; the latest call was on the 22nd of July.
We checked the manager’s phone (via IPO’s help) and saw direct communication between the suspects and Alfa. This confirmed that they knew each other well. When asked who ‘Khalifa’ was—the name associated with Alfa—the suspect (manager) initially denied knowing. But after pressure and a slap, he confessed that Khalifa was Alfa and his Area brother.
Eventually, one of the staff said that Alfa came to the hotel on Friday evening to drink and was introduced to the missing woman (Noimot) by her friend, Olaitan, and they left together that evening.
What is the police finding?
The police suspected there was more to this case—something hidden. Because of this, the case was transferred to the homicide division, which handles kidnapping and murder.
However, Wale (the hotel owner) is using money and influence to try to suppress the investigation. One of the female officers visited the hotel again last Tuesday with my sister’s colleague (Olaitan). The woman pointed out where the manager and Alfa sat and confirmed their presence that night.
Did the suspect (your sister’s colleague) give consistent statements?
No, the woman gave over five to six different statements. She even claimed one Ola was the missing person’s boyfriend, but when we asked the manager, he said Ola only comes to drink occasionally.
Why wasn’t the suspect detained?
The manager had told police that she was the one who introduced the missing person to the apartment. That’s why they didn’t detain her, despite suspicions.
What’s your take on the police’s attitude, and what’s your appeal?
The police are not taking us seriously at all. I want to appeal to Nigerians and the Lagos State Commissioner of Police to please intervene in this case. We carried out most of the tracking ourselves—privately.
When we asked the police to help, they brought nothing to the table.
We are pleading with the authorities to thoroughly investigate this matter. They must find and arrest the Alfa so we can confirm whether the dismembered body found in his house belongs to our sister.
We’ve spent over N1m trying to get justice—moving from place to place, paying for services, making calls—yet we feel abandoned.
The hotel where she was last seen is still operating.
BBNaija star, Tacha, has called for the maximum punishment for Mirabel, the lady who in a viral video claimed she was r@ped inside her home by an unknown man.
In a shocking revelation, Mirabel on Thursday, February 19, confessed to social critic, VeryDarkMan, that she lied about the r@pe claim. She claimed she was dealing with serious mental health issues which was why she came up with the false claim.
Many Nigerians have called for her to be prosecuted. In a post shared on X, Tacha also called for Mirabel’s prosecution. She opined that Mirable should be punished just the way a r@pist would be punished if found guilty.
‘’Now that its been established that Mirabel lied about the r*pe allegation, I expect the police and the agencies in charge of handling r*pe and assault cases to make sure they penalize Mirabel and that she receives the same punishment a r*pist would get… CAUSE we live in a very wicked and terrible society where r*pists and r*pe apologists are looking for excuses to continue to r*pe and abuse women..
We should NEVER allow stupid women to empower these evil and wicked men! She must be penalized”
In a follow-up video, Tacha stated that false rape claims only empower r@pe apologists to dismiss the claims of real r@pe victims whenever a fresh case of the crime surfaces.
‘’R@pe is a very serious issue. Women should never waponize r@pe for whatever reason. Never use r@pe to get back at an ex or a man. Never try to do so because at the end of the day, you are taking away from the real victims. You are Honestly!
You are empowering these r@pe apologists and r@pists because they feel like the next girl that comes out to talk about it how many people will believe her? because truthfully how many people will believe her?”
The Kebbi State Police Command has reinforced security in the Bui District of Arewa Local Government Area following a deadly armed cattle rustling incident that left 33 people dead.
In a statement issued on Thursday, the Police Public Relations Officer, SP Bashir Usman, said additional personnel and operational assets had been deployed to the affected communities in collaboration with the military and other security agencies.
He said sustained area domination patrols were ongoing to stabilise the district and prevent further violence.
“The Command deeply regrets the loss of thirty-three innocent lives and extends its heartfelt condolences to the families affected and the entire Arewa community,” the statement read.
According to the police, “preliminary investigations revealed that suspected Lakurawa militants entered Bui District on February 18 to rustle cattle.
“The attackers were believed to have crossed into the area from Gudu Local Government Area”
Residents from Mamunu, Awasaka, Tungan Tsoho, Makangara, Kanzo, Gorun Naidal and Dan Mai Ago reportedly mobilised in response, leading to a fatal confrontation.
The police emphasised that incidents involving heavily armed criminal elements require coordinated security intervention and warned residents against directly engaging such groups.
“Members of the public are urged to promptly report suspicious movements through established security channels rather than confront armed criminals, as such actions pose grave risks,” Usman stated.
Meanwhile, earlier reports indicated that at least 34 people were feared killed when gunmen swept through several communities in Arewa LGA in coordinated daylight attacks, triggering panic across the wider Kebbi North Senatorial District.
Security forces have since launched targeted operations to track and apprehend the perpetrators, block escape routes and strengthen early warning mechanisms.
The Command urged residents to remain calm and cooperate with security agencies as efforts intensify to restore lasting peace in the troubled communities.
The Department of State Services has reopened investigations into the 2019 disappearance of Abubakar Idris, popularly known as Dadiyata, and is set to invite suspects in connection with the case.
Dadiyata, a lecturer at the Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State, was declared missing on August 1, 2019, after gunmen reportedly took him from his residence in Kaduna.
His whereabouts remain unknown nearly seven years later.
The development comes as Kadijah, the wife of social media commentator and critic, expressed fresh worries over her husband’s disappearance.
She spoke in a video interview with Ambassador-designate Reno Omokri, which was released on his X handle on Thursday.
Omokri, who visited the mother of two at her residence, sought support for Kadijah and her children, pledging to get justice for her.
“We pray that one day, he will come back,” Kadijah said when asked what she had to say about her husband’s disappearance over the years, especially given recent comments made by former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai.
Appealing to Nigerians, she said, “They should please do whatever they can to help us know his whereabouts, if he’s alive or not.”
Omokri further asked Kadijah what she had to say about an old comment made about her husband that suggested “mockery.”
“It was somebody who showed me (the post) because I didn’t have a phone at that time,” she said of the 2019 comment reportedly made by the son of a former Kaduna State Governor.
The post had read, “Those same clowns who encouraged him when he was creating false stories and capitalising on lies that could endanger lives solely for political ends are the same individuals trending hashtags asking, ‘#WhereisDadiyata.’
“Dangerous lies in the public space have consequences. I felt bad about it (the comment). I can’t even explain,” Kadijah stated in the video.
She further narrated how her husband was abducted as he alighted from his car in their compound on August 2, 2019, saying she watched from the window as it happened.
Assuring Kadijah of Dadiyata’s safe return if he is alive, and justice in the unlikely event of his death, Omokri empathised with the woman and sought assistance for the family.
He appealed to the Governor of Kaduna State, Uba Sani, for “whatever he can do for them… to help their living conditions, probably relocate them, help their education, or help the mother with a job. Nigeria owes a duty of care to this family for what has happened to them.”
Dadiyata, a lecturer and online commentator, was abducted on August 2, 2019, by unidentified gunmen as he drove into his home in Barnawa, Kaduna.
The incident has continued to attract public attention and demands for accountability.
Dadiyata’s matter resurfaced on February 14, 2026, when El-Rufai denied any involvement in the case and argued that the missing commentator was primarily critical of the Kano administration rather than the Kaduna State government.
“Dadiyata was not a fierce critic of the Kaduna State government. He was a fierce critic of the Kano State government.
“He is a Kwankwasiya guy; he lives in Kaduna and lectures at a university in Katsina State, but is a fierce critic not of Kaduna State. Go and review his timeline,” he said.
El-Rufai further stated that he was unaware of Dadiyata before the abduction was reported to the police.
“It was Ganduje that was his problem. I didn’t even know him. We only got the report of Dadiyata’s existence and the fact that he lives in Kaduna State after the family reported to the police that he was abducted as he was returning home in the evening.
“If anybody is to be asked about the disappearance of Dadiyata, it is the Kano State Government; it has nothing to do with the Kaduna State Government. We didn’t even know he existed,” he said.
Reacting, former Kano State governor, Abdullahi Ganduje, dismissed being linked to the case in a statement issued by his former Commissioner for Information and Internal Affairs, Muhammad Garba.
He described the claims as “reckless, unfounded, and a clear attempt to shift responsibility for an incident that occurred entirely within Kaduna State.”
According to Ganduje, Dadiyata was widely known in Kaduna for his criticism of the state government.
“Everyone in Kaduna knew the nature of the criticism he made and who it was directed at,” he said.
A security source told The PUNCH that the DSS recently seized El-Rufai’s passport at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, to prevent him from travelling abroad while investigations are ongoing.
“The DSS has reopened the case of the 2019 disappearance in Kaduna of a renowned government critic, Abubakar Idris, better known as Dadiyata, and several other cases of missing persons.
“El’Rufai is fully aware that the DSS is investigating him and his two sons for Dadiyata’s kidnapping.