Connect with us

News

Sheikh Gumi Raises Alarm Over Alleged Mossad Plot To Assassinate Muslim Leaders

Published

on

Controversial Islamic cleric, Sheikh Ahmad Abubakar Mahmud Gumi, has claimed that the alleged presence of Israel’s intelligence agency, Mossad, in Nigeria may be a clandestine plot to murder Muslim leaders in the country.

In a statement on his Facebook page, Gumi referenced the death of former military Head of State, General Sani Abacha, alleging he was poisoned on the night he hosted the late Palestinian leader, Yasir Arafat, in Abuja.

The cleric wrote: “Mossad in Abuja!? One should expect the clandestine murder of muslim leaders in Nigeria soon.

“Abacha was poisoned the night he welcomed Yasir Arafat into Nigeria.

“How can this genocidal apartheid government has a footing in Nigeria?

“President Tinubu is ill adviced because it will cost him a lot more than he may gain.”

Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia authorities have arrested and detained a Kano woman, Maryam Hussaini-Abdullahi, after a bag containing Marijuana was allegedly mismatched with her luggage by Ethiopian Airlines.

Mrs Abdullahi had left Nigeria on August 6 alongside her husband, Abdullahi Baffa, to perform a lesser Hajj.

She was detained in Makkah after the police linked a strange “Ghana must go” sack to her name.

Speaking to Daily Nigerian, her husband accused the airline of adding the strange bag to his wife’s luggage without her consent.

Baffa said he alongside his wife had travelled with only one bag each, which were duly cleared before their departure from Malam Aminu Kano International Airport, adding that he was shocked that upon arrival in Jiddah, they could not find their luggage.

See also  Affordable housing key to police welfare, says IG

“Our flight was connected through Addis Ababa, and we arrived at Jiddah on 7th August. We scaled all the screening processes without any hassle.

“But when we arrived, our luggage was missing, and I reported it to the luggage claim desk.

“They gave us a complaint form to fill, and an acknowledged copy was returned to us. They also told us to expect feedback within 48 hours.

“But I protested, explaining to them that we had no spare clothes, but they insisted that was the procedure,” he said.

Baffa said they proceeded to Madinah and bought new clothes and other essentials, but after eight days he received a call that one of the bags was ready for collection in Jeddah, but he declined and requested it be sent back to Nigeria.

However, things took a dramatic turn when they returned to Madinah to catch their return flight to Nigeria on Thursday via the same airline.

He said, “It was at that point that I was informed that my wife has been restricted, and she can’t travel with me.

“When we arrived for departure, Ethiopian Airlines cleared my passport but said my wife had been blocked from travelling.

“When I enquired about the reason, the immigration officers referred us to the Rihab Centre in Makkah.

“And because Thursdays are not working days in the Kingdom, we couldn’t go. So I approached the Nigerian Consulate in Madinah and reported the incident.

“The head of the consulate made contacts to find out; he was briefed on the situation. He was very nice to us and even attached a staff member of the consulate to accompany us.

See also  12 die, five injured in Kano road crash

“So when we arrived at the investigation office in Makkah on Sunday, we were told in the presence of the consulate staff that my wife’s name was linked to a bag containing suspicious items.”

He said security operatives compared her luggage tags with the impounded bag but found no match, adding that “the bag was tagged with her name, and the police attached her pictures to the bag – but luckily the number on the bag was different from the one issued to us by the airline. But they insisted on detaining pending further investigations.”

“When I went to visit her in the cell, she told me the operatives showed her a Ghana-must-go sack containing wrapped items.

“But the items were totally strange to us. Because she had no connection whatsoever to the bag and its content. My wife is completely innocent,” Baffa said.

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

DSS to arraign El-Rufai Feb 25 over alleged cybercrime, security breach

Published

on

The Department of State Services (DSS) will on February 25 arraign former Gov. Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State on alleged cybercrime and breach of national security

LIB had earlier reported that the DSS on Monday, February 16, filed a three-count criminal charge against El-Rufai following his alleged involvement in wiretapping the telephone lines of the National Security Adviser (NSA), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu.

According to the court papers, El-Rufai was alleged to have, on Feb. 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, “admitted during the interview that he and his cohorts unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, Mr Ribadu.”

The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 12(1) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.

In count two, the ex-governor was alleged to have, on February 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, stated during the interview that he knew and related with a certain individual who unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, without reporting the said individual to relevant security agencies.

The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 27(b) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.

Count three alleged that El-Rufai and others still at large, sometime in 2026, in Abuja, did use technical equipment or systems which compromised public safety and national security and instilled reasonable apprehension of insecurity among Nigerians by unlawfully intercepting the NSA’s phone communications.

See also  Guinea-Bissau’s Prime Minister Collapses, Hospitalised

The DSS said the ex-governor by his own comment during the live interview committed an offence contrary to and punishable under Section 131(2) Nigerian Communications Act 2003.”

lindaikejiblog.com

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

News

Mob besieges Benin FRSC office

Published

on

The Corps Marshal of the Federal Road Safety Corps, Malam Shehu Mohammed, has praised the Nigerian Army and Nigeria Police Force for their swift and decisive response during the recent attack on the Benin Toll Gate Unit Command Office.

The attack occurred on Thursday at the RS5.12 Benin Toll Gate Unit on the Benin–Lagos Expressway, following a crash involving two trucks, the statement said.

One truck driver died in the accident, while FRSC personnel sustained critical injuries, with one officer later succumbing despite urgent medical attention.

“In the aftermath of the crash, an angry mob besieged and vandalised the Unit Command formation. However, the prompt response by security agencies helped to restore order and prevent further escalation,” Mohammed said in a statement issued on Friday by the FRSC spokesman, Olusegun Ogungbemide, in Abuja.

The Corps Marshal condemned the attack on FRSC personnel and facilities as “deeply regrettable and unacceptable,” emphasising that the operatives were on lawful duty to save lives.

He also commiserated with the families of the deceased driver, the fallen officer, and the entire FRSC workforce.

Mohammed has ordered a comprehensive investigation into both the immediate and underlying causes of the crash and the circumstances that led to the mob action.

He assured the public that anyone found culpable would be brought to justice.

The FRSC boss reaffirmed the Corps’ commitment to ensuring safer roads for all Nigerians and called on the public to remain calm, law-abiding, and supportive of its activities.

(NAN)

punch.ng

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

See also  PHOTOS: Over 700 killed in Tanzania as protesters reject presidential election results
Continue Reading

News

FG probes Plateau mine tragedy after 37 deaths

Published

on

The Federal Government on Thursday commenced a thorough investigation into the mining tragedy in Zurak community of Wase Local Government Area of Plateau State, where at least 37 miners were confirmed dead and 25 others hospitalised.

The Minister of Solid Minerals Development, Henry Dele Alake, represented by the Permanent Secretary, Faruk Yabo, led a Federal Government delegation to the site on Thursday.

Our correspondent reports that the team also includes the Director of Mines Compliance, the Director of Inspectorate, the Director of Environmental Compliance and Special Duties, as well as other Plateau State Government representatives.

The delegation’s visit followed the tragedy that struck the mining community in the early hours of Tuesday, reportedly caused by suspected carbon monoxide and sulphite gas emissions.

Speaking after arriving at the affected site, the minister conveyed condolences to the bereaved families, describing the incident as devastating.

The minister said, “It is highly tragic for a community like this to lose more than 30 able-bodied persons. We are here on a fact-finding mission.”

He noted that preliminary information suggests the presence of toxic gases at the site, although this has not yet been confirmed.

The minister expressed disappointment over the absence of technical representatives from the licensed mining company, stressing that licence holders remain responsible for safety oversight.

He also said early security reports indicated possible non-compliance with safety regulations at illegal mining sites in the area.

The minister assured that a full investigation would determine the exact cause and help prevent future occurrences.

See also  PHOTOS: Donald Trump touches down in Israel as hostages begin to be released

Also speaking at the site, the Assistant Commandant of Corps, Attah Onoja, who is also the National Commander of Mining Marshals under the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, said the tragedy reinforces federal efforts to eliminate illegal mining.

He assured that findings from the investigation would be fully enforced.

He also called for collaboration among security agencies to ensure a safe mining environment.

Plateau State Commissioner for Environment, Climate Change and Mineral Development, Peter Gwom, who spoke earlier, said mining falls under the Exclusive Legislative List but urged stronger implementation of the Mining Act 2007.

He noted that the state government is ready to collaborate with Federal Government authorities to ensure safer mining practices.

Gwom emphasised that Plateau’s mineral wealth should be a blessing rather than a source of tragedy, adding that the state has begun organising miners into cooperatives, providing training, safety gear and micro-loans to reduce fatalities.

“We have too many widows and fatherless children due to unsafe mining practices. This must stop,” he said.

Plateau State Commissioner for Information and Communication, Joyce Ramnap, conveyed condolences on behalf of Governor Caleb Mutfwang to the affected community and Wase Local Government Area.

She reiterated the importance of adhering to mining regulations and noted the governor’s earlier action suspending illegal mining activities to improve safety and regulatory compliance.

The Executive Chairman of Wase Local Government Area, Hamis Anani, commended the swift federal and state response.

Receiving the delegation on behalf of the affected families, a traditional ruler, Hakimi Bashar Aliyu Adamu Idris, expressed gratitude for the visit but lamented the humanitarian impact, noting that many women had been widowed and children left fatherless.

See also  Nigerians abroad demand action on passport, NIN delays

He appealed for government support, particularly improved road infrastructure to enhance accessibility, security and safer mining operations in the community.

punch.ng

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

Trending