Connect with us

News

Sheikh Gumi Raises Alarm Over Alleged Mossad Plot To Assassinate Muslim Leaders

Published

on

Controversial Islamic cleric, Sheikh Ahmad Abubakar Mahmud Gumi, has claimed that the alleged presence of Israel’s intelligence agency, Mossad, in Nigeria may be a clandestine plot to murder Muslim leaders in the country.

In a statement on his Facebook page, Gumi referenced the death of former military Head of State, General Sani Abacha, alleging he was poisoned on the night he hosted the late Palestinian leader, Yasir Arafat, in Abuja.

The cleric wrote: “Mossad in Abuja!? One should expect the clandestine murder of muslim leaders in Nigeria soon.

“Abacha was poisoned the night he welcomed Yasir Arafat into Nigeria.

“How can this genocidal apartheid government has a footing in Nigeria?

“President Tinubu is ill adviced because it will cost him a lot more than he may gain.”

Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia authorities have arrested and detained a Kano woman, Maryam Hussaini-Abdullahi, after a bag containing Marijuana was allegedly mismatched with her luggage by Ethiopian Airlines.

Mrs Abdullahi had left Nigeria on August 6 alongside her husband, Abdullahi Baffa, to perform a lesser Hajj.

She was detained in Makkah after the police linked a strange “Ghana must go” sack to her name.

Speaking to Daily Nigerian, her husband accused the airline of adding the strange bag to his wife’s luggage without her consent.

Baffa said he alongside his wife had travelled with only one bag each, which were duly cleared before their departure from Malam Aminu Kano International Airport, adding that he was shocked that upon arrival in Jiddah, they could not find their luggage.

See also  We want Ibadan state, Olubadan tells Tinubu

“Our flight was connected through Addis Ababa, and we arrived at Jiddah on 7th August. We scaled all the screening processes without any hassle.

“But when we arrived, our luggage was missing, and I reported it to the luggage claim desk.

“They gave us a complaint form to fill, and an acknowledged copy was returned to us. They also told us to expect feedback within 48 hours.

“But I protested, explaining to them that we had no spare clothes, but they insisted that was the procedure,” he said.

Baffa said they proceeded to Madinah and bought new clothes and other essentials, but after eight days he received a call that one of the bags was ready for collection in Jeddah, but he declined and requested it be sent back to Nigeria.

However, things took a dramatic turn when they returned to Madinah to catch their return flight to Nigeria on Thursday via the same airline.

He said, “It was at that point that I was informed that my wife has been restricted, and she can’t travel with me.

“When we arrived for departure, Ethiopian Airlines cleared my passport but said my wife had been blocked from travelling.

“When I enquired about the reason, the immigration officers referred us to the Rihab Centre in Makkah.

“And because Thursdays are not working days in the Kingdom, we couldn’t go. So I approached the Nigerian Consulate in Madinah and reported the incident.

“The head of the consulate made contacts to find out; he was briefed on the situation. He was very nice to us and even attached a staff member of the consulate to accompany us.

See also  Trump’s military intervention threat illegal — SANs

“So when we arrived at the investigation office in Makkah on Sunday, we were told in the presence of the consulate staff that my wife’s name was linked to a bag containing suspicious items.”

He said security operatives compared her luggage tags with the impounded bag but found no match, adding that “the bag was tagged with her name, and the police attached her pictures to the bag – but luckily the number on the bag was different from the one issued to us by the airline. But they insisted on detaining pending further investigations.”

“When I went to visit her in the cell, she told me the operatives showed her a Ghana-must-go sack containing wrapped items.

“But the items were totally strange to us. Because she had no connection whatsoever to the bag and its content. My wife is completely innocent,” Baffa said.

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Ramadan: Adamawa gov relaxes night-time restriction on tricycles

Published

on

The Governor of Adamawa State, Ahmadu Fintiri, has approved a review of the existing restriction on the operations of commercial tricycles, known as Keke NAPEP, in parts of the state for the 2026 Ramadan period.

This was disclosed in a statement issued by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Humwashi Wonosikou, on Friday.

The statement said the restriction, which previously ran from 10pm to 5am would now commence an hour later.

“Under the revised directive, the restriction which previously ran from 10pm to 5am will now commence from 11p to 5am daily throughout the 2026 Ramadan period.

“The review takes immediate effect,” the statement read.

The government explained that the adjustment was introduced to ease movement for Muslim faithful during the holy month.

“The adjustment is intended to allow Muslim faithful attend late-night tafsir sessions with ease during the holy month,” it added.

The statement recalled that the Adamawa State Government had, in February 2021, imposed restrictions on the movement of tricycles and motorcycles through the Adamawa State Restriction of Movement of Tricycles/Motorcycles Executive Order No. 1 of 2021, as part of measures to strengthen public safety and security.

It noted that the latest review reflects the administration’s effort to balance religious observance with security considerations.

“The present review is therefore informed by the Government’s commitment to supporting religious observance, while maintaining the gains recorded in peace and security across the state,” the statement said.

Fintiri also directed security agencies to intensify patrols across the affected local government areas.

See also  Blackout as national grid collapses

“Governor Fintiri has accordingly directed security agencies to intensify patrols, particularly within Yola North, Yola South and Girei, through the deployment of additional personnel to safeguard lives and property.

“He warned that any breach of the law will be dealt with decisively,” the statement added.

The governor further appealed to residents to act responsibly and avoid actions that could undermine the peace and stability currently enjoyed in the state.

Continue Reading

News

DSS to arraign El-Rufai Feb 25 over alleged cybercrime, security breach

Published

on

The Department of State Services (DSS) will on February 25 arraign former Gov. Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State on alleged cybercrime and breach of national security

LIB had earlier reported that the DSS on Monday, February 16, filed a three-count criminal charge against El-Rufai following his alleged involvement in wiretapping the telephone lines of the National Security Adviser (NSA), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu.

According to the court papers, El-Rufai was alleged to have, on Feb. 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, “admitted during the interview that he and his cohorts unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, Mr Ribadu.”

The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 12(1) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.

In count two, the ex-governor was alleged to have, on February 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, stated during the interview that he knew and related with a certain individual who unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, without reporting the said individual to relevant security agencies.

The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 27(b) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.

Count three alleged that El-Rufai and others still at large, sometime in 2026, in Abuja, did use technical equipment or systems which compromised public safety and national security and instilled reasonable apprehension of insecurity among Nigerians by unlawfully intercepting the NSA’s phone communications.

See also  Reps deny alleged planned showdown with Speaker

The DSS said the ex-governor by his own comment during the live interview committed an offence contrary to and punishable under Section 131(2) Nigerian Communications Act 2003.”

lindaikejiblog.com

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

News

Mob besieges Benin FRSC office

Published

on

The Corps Marshal of the Federal Road Safety Corps, Malam Shehu Mohammed, has praised the Nigerian Army and Nigeria Police Force for their swift and decisive response during the recent attack on the Benin Toll Gate Unit Command Office.

The attack occurred on Thursday at the RS5.12 Benin Toll Gate Unit on the Benin–Lagos Expressway, following a crash involving two trucks, the statement said.

One truck driver died in the accident, while FRSC personnel sustained critical injuries, with one officer later succumbing despite urgent medical attention.

“In the aftermath of the crash, an angry mob besieged and vandalised the Unit Command formation. However, the prompt response by security agencies helped to restore order and prevent further escalation,” Mohammed said in a statement issued on Friday by the FRSC spokesman, Olusegun Ogungbemide, in Abuja.

The Corps Marshal condemned the attack on FRSC personnel and facilities as “deeply regrettable and unacceptable,” emphasising that the operatives were on lawful duty to save lives.

He also commiserated with the families of the deceased driver, the fallen officer, and the entire FRSC workforce.

Mohammed has ordered a comprehensive investigation into both the immediate and underlying causes of the crash and the circumstances that led to the mob action.

He assured the public that anyone found culpable would be brought to justice.

The FRSC boss reaffirmed the Corps’ commitment to ensuring safer roads for all Nigerians and called on the public to remain calm, law-abiding, and supportive of its activities.

(NAN)

punch.ng

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

See also  Reps deny alleged planned showdown with Speaker
Continue Reading

Trending