Connect with us

News

PHOTOS & VIDEO: Police Authorities Hold Guard Of Honour For Late IGP, Solomon Arase

Published

on

Egbetokun made the remarks on Saturday in Abuja during the Guard of Honour Parade held in honour of the late Arase, at the NPF Hangar, Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport.

Inspector-General of Police, Olukayode Egbetokun, has stated that the late Dr. Solomon Arase will be honored for his outstanding service to the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) and the nation at large.

Arase was appointed as 18th Indigenous I-G of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in April 2015.

Egbetokun made the remarks on Saturday in Abuja during the Guard of Honour Parade held in honour of the late Arase, at the NPF Hangar, Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport.

He said the Guard of Honour was a solemn duty carried out with deep respect, as a final farewell to the late former police chief.

According to Egbetokun, the parade was not merely a ceremonial event, but the last guard of honour to be mounted by the NPF in tribute to the departed former I-G.
Ads by

“Our last salute to a man who devoted his entire life to public service through his distinguished career in the NPF.

“The late former I-G was one of the finest officers that had ever served in the Nigerian Police Force.

“He will be remembered for his legacy of distinguished service to the NPF and to our nation Nigeria.

“Today, I do not just mourn the departure of the late former I-G, we celebrate a legacy.

“His life teaches us that every career and tenure will end, but the impact of true service will endure across generations,” he said.

See also  U.S. C-17 Transport Planes Touch Down in Maiduguri to Begin Major Troop Deployment

The I-G said no other police officer had yet, matched the record of serving as Principal Staff Officer (PSO) to three consecutive I-Gs after the late former I-G.

“Yes, we may have other officers who served as PSO to two or more I-Gs, but to serve three consecutive I-Gs in succession, that record is yet to be matched.

“In April 2015, he was appointed the 18th Indigenous Inspector-General of Police of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“His journey to that peak was not accidental, it was a culmination of excellent service, dedication, and discipline,” he said.

The I-G said the late I-G’s tenure was marked by profound policy and national reforms in the Nigeria Police Force that emphasised professionalism, discipline and respect for rule of law.

He said Arase’s administration believed that effective policing required not just the strength of arms but also the strength of character and compassion.

Egetokun said Arase’s service to the nation did not end with his career in the NPF, but was again, extended by his appointment as the Chairman of the Police Service Commission (PSC).

He said the late former I-G had also, approached his oversight as the chairman of PSC with the same candour and vision that defined his policing career.

“On behalf of the NPF, I extend our profound heartfelt condolences to members of his family, the PSC, the government and the people Nigeria,” he said.

FOLLOW US ON:

See also  Segun Showunmi urges stricter regulations for broadcast media

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Ramadan: Adamawa gov relaxes night-time restriction on tricycles

Published

on

The Governor of Adamawa State, Ahmadu Fintiri, has approved a review of the existing restriction on the operations of commercial tricycles, known as Keke NAPEP, in parts of the state for the 2026 Ramadan period.

This was disclosed in a statement issued by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Humwashi Wonosikou, on Friday.

The statement said the restriction, which previously ran from 10pm to 5am would now commence an hour later.

“Under the revised directive, the restriction which previously ran from 10pm to 5am will now commence from 11p to 5am daily throughout the 2026 Ramadan period.

“The review takes immediate effect,” the statement read.

The government explained that the adjustment was introduced to ease movement for Muslim faithful during the holy month.

“The adjustment is intended to allow Muslim faithful attend late-night tafsir sessions with ease during the holy month,” it added.

The statement recalled that the Adamawa State Government had, in February 2021, imposed restrictions on the movement of tricycles and motorcycles through the Adamawa State Restriction of Movement of Tricycles/Motorcycles Executive Order No. 1 of 2021, as part of measures to strengthen public safety and security.

It noted that the latest review reflects the administration’s effort to balance religious observance with security considerations.

“The present review is therefore informed by the Government’s commitment to supporting religious observance, while maintaining the gains recorded in peace and security across the state,” the statement said.

Fintiri also directed security agencies to intensify patrols across the affected local government areas.

See also  Ex-AGF Malami, Others To Know Fate On Bail Application January 7

“Governor Fintiri has accordingly directed security agencies to intensify patrols, particularly within Yola North, Yola South and Girei, through the deployment of additional personnel to safeguard lives and property.

“He warned that any breach of the law will be dealt with decisively,” the statement added.

The governor further appealed to residents to act responsibly and avoid actions that could undermine the peace and stability currently enjoyed in the state.

Continue Reading

News

DSS to arraign El-Rufai Feb 25 over alleged cybercrime, security breach

Published

on

The Department of State Services (DSS) will on February 25 arraign former Gov. Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State on alleged cybercrime and breach of national security

LIB had earlier reported that the DSS on Monday, February 16, filed a three-count criminal charge against El-Rufai following his alleged involvement in wiretapping the telephone lines of the National Security Adviser (NSA), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu.

According to the court papers, El-Rufai was alleged to have, on Feb. 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, “admitted during the interview that he and his cohorts unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, Mr Ribadu.”

The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 12(1) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.

In count two, the ex-governor was alleged to have, on February 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, stated during the interview that he knew and related with a certain individual who unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, without reporting the said individual to relevant security agencies.

The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 27(b) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.

Count three alleged that El-Rufai and others still at large, sometime in 2026, in Abuja, did use technical equipment or systems which compromised public safety and national security and instilled reasonable apprehension of insecurity among Nigerians by unlawfully intercepting the NSA’s phone communications.

See also  Alaafin Crowns Kwara Monarch Oloro Of Oro

The DSS said the ex-governor by his own comment during the live interview committed an offence contrary to and punishable under Section 131(2) Nigerian Communications Act 2003.”

lindaikejiblog.com

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

News

Mob besieges Benin FRSC office

Published

on

The Corps Marshal of the Federal Road Safety Corps, Malam Shehu Mohammed, has praised the Nigerian Army and Nigeria Police Force for their swift and decisive response during the recent attack on the Benin Toll Gate Unit Command Office.

The attack occurred on Thursday at the RS5.12 Benin Toll Gate Unit on the Benin–Lagos Expressway, following a crash involving two trucks, the statement said.

One truck driver died in the accident, while FRSC personnel sustained critical injuries, with one officer later succumbing despite urgent medical attention.

“In the aftermath of the crash, an angry mob besieged and vandalised the Unit Command formation. However, the prompt response by security agencies helped to restore order and prevent further escalation,” Mohammed said in a statement issued on Friday by the FRSC spokesman, Olusegun Ogungbemide, in Abuja.

The Corps Marshal condemned the attack on FRSC personnel and facilities as “deeply regrettable and unacceptable,” emphasising that the operatives were on lawful duty to save lives.

He also commiserated with the families of the deceased driver, the fallen officer, and the entire FRSC workforce.

Mohammed has ordered a comprehensive investigation into both the immediate and underlying causes of the crash and the circumstances that led to the mob action.

He assured the public that anyone found culpable would be brought to justice.

The FRSC boss reaffirmed the Corps’ commitment to ensuring safer roads for all Nigerians and called on the public to remain calm, law-abiding, and supportive of its activities.

(NAN)

punch.ng

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

See also  We’ll fight it out if US invades Nigeria — Fani-Kayode warns Trump
Continue Reading

Trending