Connect with us

News

Alaafin Crowns Kwara Monarch Oloro Of Oro

Published

on

The Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Abimbola Akeem Owoade, crowned the Oloro of Oro town, Oba Joel Olaniyi Olatoye Titiloye Olufayo II, on Christmas Eve, December 24, 2025, in Oro, Irepodun Local Government Area of Kwara State.

The crowning of Oba Olufayo, who received his staff of office on October 27, 2024, took place during the Oro Day celebration and the first coronation anniversary of Oba Olufayo.

A statement to LEADERSHIP on Saturday by the Director, Media and Publicity to the Alaafin, Bode Durojaye, described the 41-year-old monarch as a renowned culture ambassador and business consultant.

He said Oba Olufayo’s ascension to the throne as Oloro of Oro Kingdom marked the return of his lineage to the throne after over two centuries.

He leads the prominent Oro Kingdom, which encompasses 11 towns and is known for its commerce and community development.

“Oro town is also a significant Yoruba settlement deeply tied to the powerful Oro Cult, a spiritual and political entity controlling governance and justice through ancestral worship, with its traditions persisting for centuries and defining its unique cultural identity, especially the male-only rituals that reinforced community order,” he said.

In his address before the crowning, Oba Owoade disclosed that Oro Town was established by his forefathers many centuries ago, stating that he was delighted to be in the town and to crown the monarch.

“He is a redoubtable monarch with passion,” Alaafin said.

Oba Owoade lauded the monarch for being a good father to all his subjects, noting that his reign has attracted socioeconomic and physical development to the ancient town.

See also  S’Africa restores power at Nigerian High Commission after debt payment

“The peace, harmony and economic growth that are the hallmarks of Oro Kingdom are to the credit of His Royal Highness, who actively works for peace, unity and development of the people.

“It is not surprising, therefore, that Oro, with Oyo as its ancestral home, remains a force to reckon with, not just in the whole of Kwara South but in the entire State. Your Majesty, your reign has been a beacon of light, hope, and wisdom,” the paramount ruler stated.

Oba Owoade, who emphasised the importance of maintaining a bilateral relationship between Oyo and Oro town, prayed to the Almighty God to grant the Oloro good health and many more years of peaceful reign on the throne.

Speaking shortly after the event, the Oloro, who also traced the root of the Oro people to Oyo, described his crowning as historic and significant.

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Ramadan: Adamawa gov relaxes night-time restriction on tricycles

Published

on

The Governor of Adamawa State, Ahmadu Fintiri, has approved a review of the existing restriction on the operations of commercial tricycles, known as Keke NAPEP, in parts of the state for the 2026 Ramadan period.

This was disclosed in a statement issued by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Humwashi Wonosikou, on Friday.

The statement said the restriction, which previously ran from 10pm to 5am would now commence an hour later.

“Under the revised directive, the restriction which previously ran from 10pm to 5am will now commence from 11p to 5am daily throughout the 2026 Ramadan period.

“The review takes immediate effect,” the statement read.

The government explained that the adjustment was introduced to ease movement for Muslim faithful during the holy month.

“The adjustment is intended to allow Muslim faithful attend late-night tafsir sessions with ease during the holy month,” it added.

The statement recalled that the Adamawa State Government had, in February 2021, imposed restrictions on the movement of tricycles and motorcycles through the Adamawa State Restriction of Movement of Tricycles/Motorcycles Executive Order No. 1 of 2021, as part of measures to strengthen public safety and security.

It noted that the latest review reflects the administration’s effort to balance religious observance with security considerations.

“The present review is therefore informed by the Government’s commitment to supporting religious observance, while maintaining the gains recorded in peace and security across the state,” the statement said.

Fintiri also directed security agencies to intensify patrols across the affected local government areas.

See also  Resident Doctors Insist On Planned Strike Despite Court Order

“Governor Fintiri has accordingly directed security agencies to intensify patrols, particularly within Yola North, Yola South and Girei, through the deployment of additional personnel to safeguard lives and property.

“He warned that any breach of the law will be dealt with decisively,” the statement added.

The governor further appealed to residents to act responsibly and avoid actions that could undermine the peace and stability currently enjoyed in the state.

Continue Reading

News

DSS to arraign El-Rufai Feb 25 over alleged cybercrime, security breach

Published

on

The Department of State Services (DSS) will on February 25 arraign former Gov. Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State on alleged cybercrime and breach of national security

LIB had earlier reported that the DSS on Monday, February 16, filed a three-count criminal charge against El-Rufai following his alleged involvement in wiretapping the telephone lines of the National Security Adviser (NSA), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu.

According to the court papers, El-Rufai was alleged to have, on Feb. 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, “admitted during the interview that he and his cohorts unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, Mr Ribadu.”

The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 12(1) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.

In count two, the ex-governor was alleged to have, on February 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, stated during the interview that he knew and related with a certain individual who unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, without reporting the said individual to relevant security agencies.

The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 27(b) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.

Count three alleged that El-Rufai and others still at large, sometime in 2026, in Abuja, did use technical equipment or systems which compromised public safety and national security and instilled reasonable apprehension of insecurity among Nigerians by unlawfully intercepting the NSA’s phone communications.

See also  Ivory Coast opposition party calls for rally against election violence

The DSS said the ex-governor by his own comment during the live interview committed an offence contrary to and punishable under Section 131(2) Nigerian Communications Act 2003.”

lindaikejiblog.com

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

News

Mob besieges Benin FRSC office

Published

on

The Corps Marshal of the Federal Road Safety Corps, Malam Shehu Mohammed, has praised the Nigerian Army and Nigeria Police Force for their swift and decisive response during the recent attack on the Benin Toll Gate Unit Command Office.

The attack occurred on Thursday at the RS5.12 Benin Toll Gate Unit on the Benin–Lagos Expressway, following a crash involving two trucks, the statement said.

One truck driver died in the accident, while FRSC personnel sustained critical injuries, with one officer later succumbing despite urgent medical attention.

“In the aftermath of the crash, an angry mob besieged and vandalised the Unit Command formation. However, the prompt response by security agencies helped to restore order and prevent further escalation,” Mohammed said in a statement issued on Friday by the FRSC spokesman, Olusegun Ogungbemide, in Abuja.

The Corps Marshal condemned the attack on FRSC personnel and facilities as “deeply regrettable and unacceptable,” emphasising that the operatives were on lawful duty to save lives.

He also commiserated with the families of the deceased driver, the fallen officer, and the entire FRSC workforce.

Mohammed has ordered a comprehensive investigation into both the immediate and underlying causes of the crash and the circumstances that led to the mob action.

He assured the public that anyone found culpable would be brought to justice.

The FRSC boss reaffirmed the Corps’ commitment to ensuring safer roads for all Nigerians and called on the public to remain calm, law-abiding, and supportive of its activities.

(NAN)

punch.ng

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

See also  Invasion Threats: US Looking For Opportunity To Establish Base In Nigeria — Dambazau
Continue Reading

Trending