Connect with us

News

PHOTOS: Shettima, Alia, others attend Akume’s son wedding in Benue

Published

on

The Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF, Senator George Akume, recently played host to a lavish wedding ceremony for his son, Samuel, in Benue State, coming shortly after he formally introduced his new wife, Zaynab Ngohemba, into his family.

The high-profile wedding of the former Benue State governor’s son drew widespread attention, attracting several top political figures from across the country.

Vice President Kashim Shettima attended the ceremony on behalf of President Bola Tinubu.

The presence of the Vice President was confirmed in a statement issued on Sunday by his Spokesman and Senior Special Assistant on Media and Communications, Stanley Nkwocha.

“Vice President Kashim Shettima, representing President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, has arrived in Benue State to grace the wedding reception of the son of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Senator George Akume,” Nkwocha wrote.

He said the wedding united Akume’s son, Samuel Aondoakura, with Deborah Ershima, the daughter of a renowned engineer.

“The solemnization of the holy matrimony is between Samuel Aondoakura and Deborah Ershima, the daughter of Engineer Msula Atoga.

“The Vice President was welcomed to the state by the SGF and the Governor of Benue State, Dr Hyacinth Alia, among other dignitaries of the state,” the statement added.

The celebration followed reports of Akume’s own marriage to Zaynab, which was conducted discreetly last year and only became public recently.

The union was announced in a congratulatory Facebook post by Abraham Dajoh, a member of the Akume Dajoh family from Mbakor in Benue State.

See also  Nigeria among worst as W’Africa hunger deepens – UN

“We, the entire Dajoh family, happily join our daddy, uncle and brother, His Excellency, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Sen. George Akume Jugu Dajoh, in welcoming his new and uncommon wife, Queen Zaynab Ngohemba-George Akume Dajoh, into the Dajoh family,” the post stated.

Zaynab was formerly married to the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, in a highly publicised traditional wedding held in Benin City on March 12, 2016, with a reception in Ile-Ife the following day.

The marriage, however, lasted 17 months and ended in August 2017.

After the separation, she publicly confirmed the split, returned to her maiden name, and later relocated to Doha, Qatar, where she became involved in philanthropic work. In the years that followed, media reports linked her to a wealthy Arab prince, with whom she was said to have welcomed a daughter in 2022.

Akume and Zaynab were recently seen together at the SGF’s 72nd birthday celebration on Saturday, further drawing public attention to their marriage.

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Ramadan: Adamawa gov relaxes night-time restriction on tricycles

Published

on

The Governor of Adamawa State, Ahmadu Fintiri, has approved a review of the existing restriction on the operations of commercial tricycles, known as Keke NAPEP, in parts of the state for the 2026 Ramadan period.

This was disclosed in a statement issued by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Humwashi Wonosikou, on Friday.

The statement said the restriction, which previously ran from 10pm to 5am would now commence an hour later.

“Under the revised directive, the restriction which previously ran from 10pm to 5am will now commence from 11p to 5am daily throughout the 2026 Ramadan period.

“The review takes immediate effect,” the statement read.

The government explained that the adjustment was introduced to ease movement for Muslim faithful during the holy month.

“The adjustment is intended to allow Muslim faithful attend late-night tafsir sessions with ease during the holy month,” it added.

The statement recalled that the Adamawa State Government had, in February 2021, imposed restrictions on the movement of tricycles and motorcycles through the Adamawa State Restriction of Movement of Tricycles/Motorcycles Executive Order No. 1 of 2021, as part of measures to strengthen public safety and security.

It noted that the latest review reflects the administration’s effort to balance religious observance with security considerations.

“The present review is therefore informed by the Government’s commitment to supporting religious observance, while maintaining the gains recorded in peace and security across the state,” the statement said.

Fintiri also directed security agencies to intensify patrols across the affected local government areas.

See also  PHOTOS: Jonathan Visits Tinubu, Briefs Him On Guinea-Bissau Coup

“Governor Fintiri has accordingly directed security agencies to intensify patrols, particularly within Yola North, Yola South and Girei, through the deployment of additional personnel to safeguard lives and property.

“He warned that any breach of the law will be dealt with decisively,” the statement added.

The governor further appealed to residents to act responsibly and avoid actions that could undermine the peace and stability currently enjoyed in the state.

Continue Reading

News

DSS to arraign El-Rufai Feb 25 over alleged cybercrime, security breach

Published

on

The Department of State Services (DSS) will on February 25 arraign former Gov. Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State on alleged cybercrime and breach of national security

LIB had earlier reported that the DSS on Monday, February 16, filed a three-count criminal charge against El-Rufai following his alleged involvement in wiretapping the telephone lines of the National Security Adviser (NSA), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu.

According to the court papers, El-Rufai was alleged to have, on Feb. 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, “admitted during the interview that he and his cohorts unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, Mr Ribadu.”

The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 12(1) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.

In count two, the ex-governor was alleged to have, on February 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, stated during the interview that he knew and related with a certain individual who unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, without reporting the said individual to relevant security agencies.

The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 27(b) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.

Count three alleged that El-Rufai and others still at large, sometime in 2026, in Abuja, did use technical equipment or systems which compromised public safety and national security and instilled reasonable apprehension of insecurity among Nigerians by unlawfully intercepting the NSA’s phone communications.

See also  Awujale: Candidate urges Ogun, kingmakers to uphold tradition in selection process

The DSS said the ex-governor by his own comment during the live interview committed an offence contrary to and punishable under Section 131(2) Nigerian Communications Act 2003.”

lindaikejiblog.com

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

News

Mob besieges Benin FRSC office

Published

on

The Corps Marshal of the Federal Road Safety Corps, Malam Shehu Mohammed, has praised the Nigerian Army and Nigeria Police Force for their swift and decisive response during the recent attack on the Benin Toll Gate Unit Command Office.

The attack occurred on Thursday at the RS5.12 Benin Toll Gate Unit on the Benin–Lagos Expressway, following a crash involving two trucks, the statement said.

One truck driver died in the accident, while FRSC personnel sustained critical injuries, with one officer later succumbing despite urgent medical attention.

“In the aftermath of the crash, an angry mob besieged and vandalised the Unit Command formation. However, the prompt response by security agencies helped to restore order and prevent further escalation,” Mohammed said in a statement issued on Friday by the FRSC spokesman, Olusegun Ogungbemide, in Abuja.

The Corps Marshal condemned the attack on FRSC personnel and facilities as “deeply regrettable and unacceptable,” emphasising that the operatives were on lawful duty to save lives.

He also commiserated with the families of the deceased driver, the fallen officer, and the entire FRSC workforce.

Mohammed has ordered a comprehensive investigation into both the immediate and underlying causes of the crash and the circumstances that led to the mob action.

He assured the public that anyone found culpable would be brought to justice.

The FRSC boss reaffirmed the Corps’ commitment to ensuring safer roads for all Nigerians and called on the public to remain calm, law-abiding, and supportive of its activities.

(NAN)

punch.ng

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

See also  Tinubu Sacks Chief of Defence Staff, Others
Continue Reading

Trending