Connect with us

News

Remain apolitical, neutral in professional duties, NAF warns personnel

Published

on

The Nigerian Air Force has warned its personnel to desist from participating in political activities while discharging their professional duties.

The Air Officer Commanding, Special Operations Command, Bauchi, Air Vice Marshal (AVM) Usman Abdullahi, gave the warning on Saturday during the 2025 annual 10-kilometre walk and jog exercise organised by the NAF in Bauchi.

AVM Abdullahi reminded officers and men of the force of their constitutional responsibility to remain neutral in political matters, stressing that discipline and loyalty to the nation remained non-negotiable.

“You must remain apolitical. Don’t involve yourselves in any political activities and do not engage in acts that are inimical to the calling of our military profession,” he cautioned.

He further urged them to remain loyal to the Federal Republic of Nigeria, the President, and the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces.

Abdullahi explained that the annual exercise was aimed at promoting physical and mental fitness among personnel, enhancing cohesion, and ensuring combat readiness.

“The NAF pays serious attention to the physical fitness of all its personnel. This exercise is to increase our cohesion, maintain mental alertness, and ensure we remain combat-ready at all times,” he said.

The AOC commended the Bauchi State Government for its continued cooperation and support, noting that the synergy between the state and the force had created an enabling environment for NAF operations.

Speaking shortly after the exercise, Bauchi State Governor, Bala Mohammed, commended the participants for their outstanding performance, describing it as a reflection of discipline, consistency, and determination to succeed.

See also  Nigeria @65: The worst is over, hope rising for Nigeria – Tinubu

Represented by his deputy, Auwal Jatau, the governor said the event symbolised unity and teamwork among security agencies and other stakeholders in the state.

“Seeing officers, airmen, airwomen, sister security services, paramilitary agencies, and NYSC members come together in such a lively atmosphere reminds us that sports and fitness can be powerful tools for strengthening peace and solidarity,” he said.

Governor Mohammed reaffirmed his administration’s commitment to sustaining the cordial relationship with the Nigerian Air Force and other security agencies in maintaining peace and stability in the state.

Punch reports that no fewer than 32 participants, including Airmen, Airwomen, officers of the Nigeria Immigration Service, Nigeria Customs Service, and civilians, received awards for their outstanding performances during the exercise.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Ramadan: Adamawa gov relaxes night-time restriction on tricycles

Published

on

The Governor of Adamawa State, Ahmadu Fintiri, has approved a review of the existing restriction on the operations of commercial tricycles, known as Keke NAPEP, in parts of the state for the 2026 Ramadan period.

This was disclosed in a statement issued by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Humwashi Wonosikou, on Friday.

The statement said the restriction, which previously ran from 10pm to 5am would now commence an hour later.

“Under the revised directive, the restriction which previously ran from 10pm to 5am will now commence from 11p to 5am daily throughout the 2026 Ramadan period.

“The review takes immediate effect,” the statement read.

The government explained that the adjustment was introduced to ease movement for Muslim faithful during the holy month.

“The adjustment is intended to allow Muslim faithful attend late-night tafsir sessions with ease during the holy month,” it added.

The statement recalled that the Adamawa State Government had, in February 2021, imposed restrictions on the movement of tricycles and motorcycles through the Adamawa State Restriction of Movement of Tricycles/Motorcycles Executive Order No. 1 of 2021, as part of measures to strengthen public safety and security.

It noted that the latest review reflects the administration’s effort to balance religious observance with security considerations.

“The present review is therefore informed by the Government’s commitment to supporting religious observance, while maintaining the gains recorded in peace and security across the state,” the statement said.

Fintiri also directed security agencies to intensify patrols across the affected local government areas.

See also  Full list of 29 Schengen countries offering 5-Year Multiple-Entry Visas to Nigerians

“Governor Fintiri has accordingly directed security agencies to intensify patrols, particularly within Yola North, Yola South and Girei, through the deployment of additional personnel to safeguard lives and property.

“He warned that any breach of the law will be dealt with decisively,” the statement added.

The governor further appealed to residents to act responsibly and avoid actions that could undermine the peace and stability currently enjoyed in the state.

Continue Reading

News

DSS to arraign El-Rufai Feb 25 over alleged cybercrime, security breach

Published

on

The Department of State Services (DSS) will on February 25 arraign former Gov. Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State on alleged cybercrime and breach of national security

LIB had earlier reported that the DSS on Monday, February 16, filed a three-count criminal charge against El-Rufai following his alleged involvement in wiretapping the telephone lines of the National Security Adviser (NSA), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu.

According to the court papers, El-Rufai was alleged to have, on Feb. 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, “admitted during the interview that he and his cohorts unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, Mr Ribadu.”

The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 12(1) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.

In count two, the ex-governor was alleged to have, on February 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, stated during the interview that he knew and related with a certain individual who unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, without reporting the said individual to relevant security agencies.

The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 27(b) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.

Count three alleged that El-Rufai and others still at large, sometime in 2026, in Abuja, did use technical equipment or systems which compromised public safety and national security and instilled reasonable apprehension of insecurity among Nigerians by unlawfully intercepting the NSA’s phone communications.

See also  UN demands probe after 17 protesters killed in Nepal

The DSS said the ex-governor by his own comment during the live interview committed an offence contrary to and punishable under Section 131(2) Nigerian Communications Act 2003.”

lindaikejiblog.com

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

News

Mob besieges Benin FRSC office

Published

on

The Corps Marshal of the Federal Road Safety Corps, Malam Shehu Mohammed, has praised the Nigerian Army and Nigeria Police Force for their swift and decisive response during the recent attack on the Benin Toll Gate Unit Command Office.

The attack occurred on Thursday at the RS5.12 Benin Toll Gate Unit on the Benin–Lagos Expressway, following a crash involving two trucks, the statement said.

One truck driver died in the accident, while FRSC personnel sustained critical injuries, with one officer later succumbing despite urgent medical attention.

“In the aftermath of the crash, an angry mob besieged and vandalised the Unit Command formation. However, the prompt response by security agencies helped to restore order and prevent further escalation,” Mohammed said in a statement issued on Friday by the FRSC spokesman, Olusegun Ogungbemide, in Abuja.

The Corps Marshal condemned the attack on FRSC personnel and facilities as “deeply regrettable and unacceptable,” emphasising that the operatives were on lawful duty to save lives.

He also commiserated with the families of the deceased driver, the fallen officer, and the entire FRSC workforce.

Mohammed has ordered a comprehensive investigation into both the immediate and underlying causes of the crash and the circumstances that led to the mob action.

He assured the public that anyone found culpable would be brought to justice.

The FRSC boss reaffirmed the Corps’ commitment to ensuring safer roads for all Nigerians and called on the public to remain calm, law-abiding, and supportive of its activities.

(NAN)

punch.ng

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

See also  Full list of 29 Schengen countries offering 5-Year Multiple-Entry Visas to Nigerians
Continue Reading

Trending