Connect with us

Crime

26-year-old man defiles four-year-old pupil in Oyo

Published

on

Oyo State Police Command on Thursday arrested a 26-year-old school gateman, identified as Josiah Ayomide, over the alleged defilement of a four-year-old pupil of his school in Ibadan.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Adewale Osifeso, while addressing newsmen at the Police headquarters, Eleyele, in Ibadan, said the victim had on August 29, 2025, complained of pains in her private part to her eldest sister.

He explained that the victim later told her mother that her school gatekeeper had unlawfully raped her while she was at school.

Osifeso added that the suspect confessed to the crime after his arrest.

“The victim was taken to Police Medical Clinic Eleyele, Ibadan, for medical examination and treatment, and the medical report revealed that the hymen was not intact, with tenderness around the vulva and vagina, accompanied by bruises.

“The suspect would be prosecuted upon completion of investigation.”

In another development, the command also arrested Azeez Kolawole and Isah Fatai at Soka Sanyo area for allegedly stealing goats around Ibadan and its environs using a Toyota Matrix without a number plate.

The PPRO explained that the duo had been arrested and charged to court on two different occasions for the same offence.

He added that the suspects have confessed to the crime, while investigations are ongoing to locate other members of their syndicate.

Other arrests by the command included suspected kidnappers, armed robbers, and hijackers, among others.

Cases of sexual abuse against children in schools have been a growing concern in Nigeria, prompting calls for stricter screening of school staff and enhanced protection measures.

See also  Delta police command arrests officers filmed counting cash in patrol vehicle

Incidents of school gatekeepers, teachers, and other staff allegedly defiling pupils have been reported in several states, highlighting the vulnerability of children in educational institutions.

Punch Online on August 27 2025, reports that the Bauchi State Police Command arrested at least five men in connection with the alleged rape of a 10-year-old girl in the Zadawa community, Misau Local Government Area.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Ahmed Wakil, in a statement, disclosed that the suspects belonged to a syndicate that repeatedly lured the survivor with N500 and raped her at different times and locations.

He explained that the case was reported on August 12, 2025, by Yusuf Muhammad and Danjuma Muhammad of Misau, who alleged that in July, several individuals lured their daughter (name withheld) with money and assaulted her at different locations.

Medical and child protection experts stress the importance of prompt reporting, medical examination, and psychological support for victims of sexual abuse.

Advocacy groups, such as Stand to End Rape Initiative and Women’s Rights Advancement and Protection Alternative, have repeatedly called on state governments and educational authorities to implement rigorous vetting of school personnel, regular monitoring, and community awareness programs to prevent such crimes.

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

PHOTOS: Nigerian Army rescues 12 abducted teenage girls in Askira/Uba, Borno

Published

on

The Nigerian Army has successfully rescued 12 teenage girls abducted by Boko Haram/ISWAP terrorists in Mussa District of Askira/Uba Local Government Area of Borno State.

The victims, aged between 15 and 20, were kidnapped on 23 November, 2025 while harvesting crops on their family farmlands and were freed on Saturday, 29 November, following a swift, intelligence-led operation by troops of Operation HADIN KAI in the southern Borno axis.

The Army in a statement on Saturday night, November 29, said the rescued girls have been evacuated to a secure military facility where they are receiving comprehensive medical care, psychological support and debriefing.

“Upon completion of these processes, they will be formally reunited with their families. Their recovery has brought immense relief to the community, which had been gripped by fear following the abduction,” the statement read.

“The rescued victims include Fatima Shaibu (17), Fatima Umaru (15), Hauwa Abubakar (18), Saliha Muhammed (15), Sadiya Umaru (17), Amira Babel (15), Zara Adamu (17), Nana Shaibu (15), Zainab Musa (18), Zainab Muhammed (17), Jamila Saidu (15) and Hauwa Hamidu (17).

“The military high command commended the doggedness of the troops for their swift response and acknowledged the crucial support of security stakeholders and local informants whose timely information enabled the successful rescue.

“Troops continue to pursue ISWAP remnants across southern Borno to prevent further attacks and safeguard civilians.

“The Nigerian Army calls on communities to continue supporting ongoing operations by providing credible and timely information, emphasizing that collaborative efforts are essential to defeating terrorism and ensuring lasting security.”

See also  Heavy ransom: Bandits demand N3bn to free Eruku churchgoers

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

Crime

PHOTOS: Army arrests police officer operating alongside armed militia group during communal clash, neutralises four militants in Taraba

Published

on

Troops of the Nigerian Army have arrested a police officer operating alongside an armed militia group during a communal clash in Karim Lamido Local Government Area of Taraba State.

Acting Assistant Director, Army Public Relations, 6 Brigade Nigerian Army, Lieutenant Umar Muhammad, who disclosed this in a statement on Sunday, November 30, 2025 said troops neutralised four armed militia members and recovered weapons during an operation launched in response to renewed communal violence in Usmanu village in Karim Lamido.

According to the statement, troops received intelligence showing a renewed escalation of an old land dispute involving the Shomo and Wurkun communities.

The security alerts indicated rising armed confrontations and destruction of homes, prompting the military to deploy personnel to stabilise the area.

“Troops of 6 Brigade, Nigerian Army, have neutralised four armed militia members and recovered weapons during a rapid and coordinated response to renewed communal violence in Usmanu Village, Karim Lamido Local Government Area of Taraba State,” the statement read.

“The operation followed credible intelligence indicating a resurgence of long-standing land disputes between the Shomo and Wurkun communities. The dispute escalated into armed clashes, resulting in the destruction of property, including the burning of houses.

“In response, 6 Brigade immediately deployed forces to restore order and prevent further deterioration of the security situation.

“Upon reaching the area, the troops came under fire from armed assailants emerging from the Fadama axis. A brief but fierce exchange ensued, during which the soldiers neutralised four of the attackers.

“Subsequent exploitation of the area led to the recovery of three dane guns, one fabricated AK-47 rifle, twenty-five rounds of 7.62mm special ammunition and two motorcycles.

See also  Tinubu orders probe into Arise TV anchor’s killing

“In a development that underscores the complexity of the conflict, one personnel of the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) found operating alongside the armed militia was arrested. He is currently undergoing further investigation and profiling to determine his level of involvement.

“Commenting on the operation, the Commander, 6 Brigade/Sector 3 Operation Whirl Stroke, Brigadier General Kingsley Chidiebere Uwa, commended the troops for their prompt response, bravery, and adherence to professional rules of engagement.

“He reaffirmed the Brigade’s determination to rid Taraba State of criminal elements and maintain operational momentum across all areas of responsibility.

“Brigadier General Uwa assured the people of Karim Lamido and Taraba State at large of the Brigade’s unwavering commitment to restoring lasting peace and stability. He urged communities to embrace peaceful coexistence and continue to support security agencies with timely and credible information.

“The Nigerian Army calls on residents to remain calm and law-abiding as stability is gradually being restored.

“Members of the public are encouraged to report any suspicious movements or activities to the nearest security formation as ongoing operations continue under Operation Peace Shield, Operation Lafiya Nakowa, and Operation Zafin Wuta.”

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

Crime

Bandits Abduct Pastor, Wife, Others During Church Service In Kogi

Published

on

Armed bandit terrorists on Sunday morning attacked Ejiba, a town in Yagba West Local Government Area of Kogi State.

According to Sahara Reporters, eyewitnesses told Egbe Mekun Platform, a community news outlet, that the assault occurred during a church service at a new Cherubim and Seraphim Church.

Adegboyega Oguns, who was present at the church, said congregants fled in panic as the attackers struck.

Unfortunately, the church pastor, popularly known as Orlando, his wife, and several other individuals were abducted during the raid.

“It’s a new Cherubim and Seraphim church. The pastor popularly called Orlando and wife with some others have been kidnapped,” he wrote on Egbe Mekun Parrot platform on Facebook.

“It is serious, we all ran out of church.”

Recall that on Saturday, a group of terrorists launched an attack along the Isanlu Makutu–Idofin corridor in the Yagba East Local Government Area of the state, leaving residents and travellers in a state of fear.

The attackers struck suddenly on Saturday afternoon, causing people in the area to scamper for safety.

Meanwhile, the exact number of victims abducted during the incident has not yet been confirmed, as details remain sketchy.

Local sources told Sahara Reporters that the situation had heightened tension across nearby communities, with many residents staying indoors while travellers were diverting routes to avoid the troubled stretch of road.

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

See also  Help! My sister vanished after meeting hotel guest – Brother
Continue Reading

Trending